Tender works first and foremost with young people, meaning our work is always varied and constantly evolving. We are therefore lucky to receive invaluable support from our Youth Board, a passionate group of activists aged 14-25, who actively campaign and influence the work Tender delivers. The role of a youth board member is to ensure our work remains relevant and accessible to all young people, providing opportunities for young people to direct work which is aimed at their age group.
The Youth Board meets once a month, is entirely free to join, and is open to any young person aged 14-25 interested in our work, meeting new people, developing new skills and actively campaigning for issues they are passionate about. Youth Board members can also become more involved with Tender depending on what we’re working on, and their own initiatives.
Since it started, Youth Board members have:
- Represented Tender in the media on local/national radio and television
- Advocated for Tender at Freshers’ Fairs, Festivals and other public events
- Contributed their opinions as Tender Youth Ambassadors at panel-discussions, conferences and parliamentary events
- Trained as paid Youth Facilitators to deliver workshop for other young people
- Volunteered their time in the Tender office and for fundraising events
- Developed and delivered campaigns which have reached thousands of young people; including a university campaign which has reached over 40 different universities
- Designed Tender resources, posters and artwork
- Researched and written opinion pieces for the Tender blog, including relevant shows and cultural events which connect Tender’s goals with our arts-based approach
- Attained employment, within the education and arts sectors, as a direct result of being Youth Board members
If you are interested in joining the Youth Board, please download, complete and return the application form to Brad@Tender.org.uk, and we will be in touch shortly.