Tender works first and foremost with young people, meaning our work is always varied and constantly evolving. We are therefore lucky to receive invaluable support from our Youth Board; a fantastic group of volunteers aged 14-25, whose role includes advocating Tender’s work, helping us develop campaigns and – most importantly – ensuring our work remains relevant and accessible to all young people.
The Youth Board meets once a month, is entirely free to join, and is open to any young person aged 14-25 who is interested in our work, meeting new people, developing new skills and eating biscuits. Youth Board members can also become more involved with Tender depending on what we’re working on, and their own initiatives.
Since it started, Youth Board members have:
- Represented Tender in the media on local/national radio and television
- Advocated for Tender at Freshers’ Fairs, festivals and other public events
- Contributed their opinions as Tender representatives at panel-discussions, conferences and roundtable events
- Trained as paid Youth Facilitators to deliver workshops for other young people
- Volunteered their time in the Tender office and for fundraising events
- Developed and contributed to social media campaigns
- Designed Tender posters and artwork
- Researched and written opinion pieces for the Tender blog
- Reviewed relevant shows and cultural events which connect Tender’s goals with our arts-based approach
If you are interested in joining the Youth Board, please download, complete and return the application form to email@example.com, and we will be in touch shortly.